Economic Hardship Work Authorization – F-1 Student Guide

admininternational Students

YOU MUST READ THE ENTIRE GUIDE CAREFULLY.  ONCE YOU READ IT, START GATHERING YOUR DOCUMENTS AND EMAIL US WITH YOUR QUESTIONS AND TO SET UP A MEETING AT THE SCHOOL. What is Economic Hardship Employment Authorization? Economic Hardship employment authorization is permission granted to F-1 students by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to work off-campus due to specific economic … Read More

Optional Practical Training (OPT) for F-1 Students

admininternational Students, OPT

Current USCIS Processing Times for OPT Applications: Click here (link is external) to view USCIS’s estimated case processing times. USCIS is currently experiencing serious delays in issuing I-765 receipt notices (link is external). Travel outside the U.S. with a pending, unreceipted application could be very risky. What is OPT? Optional Practical Training (OPT) for F-1 Students is work authorization available to international students who … Read More

F1 VISA STUDENT VISA Interview preparation

admininternational Students, visa

F1 Student Visa Generally, if a citizen of a foreign country who wishes to enter the United States must first obtain a visa. For instance, a nonimmigrant visa for temporary stay, or an immigrant visa for permanent residence. If you want to study in the United States, you must have a student visa. There are two types of student visa. … Read More

Changing to a Nonimmigrant Student Status


You may wish to change your nonimmigrant student status if you are already in the United States on a valid nonimmigrant visa for a purpose other than attending school and want to study at a U.S. Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)-certified school. You are not eligible for changing to a nonimmigrant student status in the United States if you entered … Read More