Optional Practical Training (OPT) for M-1 Students

admininternational Students, OPT

What is OPT for M-1 Students? Practical training is the only type of work permission available to M-1 students. It allows students to get on-the-job training that is not available in their home country. Eligible M-1 students may have up to six months of practical training after they complete their program. Students on M-1 visa must work in the field … Read More

Optional Practical Training (OPT) for F-1 Students

admininternational Students, OPT

Current USCIS Processing Times for OPT Applications: Click here (link is external) to view USCIS’s estimated case processing times. USCIS is currently experiencing serious delays in issuing I-765 receipt notices (link is external). Travel outside the U.S. with a pending, unreceipted application could be very risky. What is OPT? Optional Practical Training (OPT) for F-1 Students is work authorization available to international students who … Read More

Changing to a Nonimmigrant Student Status


You may wish to change your nonimmigrant student status if you are already in the United States on a valid nonimmigrant visa for a purpose other than attending school and want to study at a U.S. Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)-certified school. You are not eligible for changing to a nonimmigrant student status in the United States if you entered ... Read More